Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter Shelling

We had a great Easter this year. We traded the Easter bonnets for visors & hit the beach. I took my husband, teenage son(Dustin) & almost 12 year old girl(Meredith) with me to Blind Pass. We got there around 9:30 and were happy to find the parking lot was almost empty! We started at the shell pile, although it was a little low, we still managed to find some keepers. Turns out 16 year old boys think this is really boring- hahaha. Meredith wanted to hang with Dustin so Jim & I headed over the bridge to the Sanibel side and did much better. It was a gorgeous day out.
looking over at Sanibel

When we got back this Blue Heron was hanging out by the kids.



I try and get to the beach as often as I can. Jim, on the other hand, goes every few months. So of course he's the one who finds a piece of a Junonia and a piece of a Scotch Bonnet! Which, by the way, he only knew what it was because he googled it the day before! augh!!

Scotch Bonnet
I've never found one, but I'm still looking!

I brought some peeps & props with me:



Next trip to the beach will be Barefoot Beach since I haven't been in a while-
Have a great weekend & Awesome Shelling!


No comments:

Post a Comment