Monday, September 3, 2012

Little Hickory Island

Alot of you on my fb page have questions about Little Hickory Island beach. It is a wonderful place to spend the day & I hope you get a chance to go!  Here's the link to Lee Parks & Rec.
http://www.leeparks.org/facility-info/facility-details.cfm?Project_Num=0021

There are 2 parking lots- 1 is free and the other is $1 an hour. Restrooms & showers are available as well.

When I get on the beach, I take a right and head all the way to the end. No particular reason really, I just like it! Since Isaac had just come by the waves were bigger than normal & combined with high tide it was really cool. Look how close to these condos the water is.


Although I do normally have really good shelling days- the 2 days I was there last week were crazy good!
The water was so churned up but it's normally clear & blue/green


My best find! A JUNONIA!!
 


                                 Here's a look at my 2 days worth of shelling.

I love worm shells!

5 cones, but my mom found 12!

I hope you are able to check out this little piece of paradise!
Happy Shelling!
Stephanie

1 comment: